Friday, May 23, 2008

Salmon Patties!

I have been asked to post my salmon patty recipe so here it goes...

1 can of salmon (drain about half the liquid, and take out bones)
1/2 white onion-diced (this can be adjusted to more or less)
1/2 cup crushed Saltines (if I'm in a hurry, I do use bread crumbs on occasion)
1 egg
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients. Make into patties. (Any size is fine.)
Mix together 1 part (about a cup) flour with 2 parts (about 2 cups) cornmeal. This will make more than you need, but I would rather have too much than not enough. Cover each patty with the flour/cornmeal mixture and fry in skillet in hot Crisco Shortening. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on them and serve.
I usually double this recipe because they are really good the next day too.

Hope you all enjoy.

2 comments:

mom2eight said...

thanks for sharing. You know it is one of our favorites and we look forward to using your recipe.

Dawn, said...

See? How simple? Post the recipe and now the annoying begging, phone calls, whining from your big sis finally ends. Wink!