Monday, May 19, 2008

She's a Big Girl Now!!




Before!



After!

Madisen and I pulled her first tooth on Saturday. It had been loose for a couple of months now. No that is not a type-o, it really has been loose for that long. The tooth had moved a good bit to the right in her mouth and started to turn brown. Her gums were red and had started to swell. She just really wanted it to come out on its own.
After really trying to pull it for a couple of days (Mad would give me one or two tries a day
to get a good pull on it but that was it) I finally talked her into letting me
pull until it came out. The promise of a piece of cake helped a little too.
We did it in two sessions. One before nap and one after. She would pull and twist and then I
would get a turn. Finally after a little bit, it came out. She was so happy and I was so proud of her.
After it was all over, she got her cake and felt it was all worth it. She even thanked me several
times later that day. She put her tooth in a ziploc bag that she had prepared in January (it hasn't been loose that long but she is a planner) and put in under her pillow.
I found out yesterday that the tooth fairy (which she knows is Mom and Dad) gave her $5. Not bad for her first tooth. She wrote the cutest note to the tooth fairy. I am going to see if I can borrow it from the tooth fairy and I will add it later.
I am so proud of her and love that I was able to be there and help her.
I love her very much!

4 comments:

Dawn, said...

The sweet toothless grin phase, beware though... soon to be followed by the awkward stage that last much much longer, snort!! I loved taking her and Eme to church, Madison was so very proud of her smile!!

Dawn, said...

ARGHHHH... That would be madisEn, so very mad at myself for that typo!

Lisha said...

I'm glad my girls are into pulling out their own teeth, for whatever reason, it makes me a little squeamish, and I'm not realy a squeamish person! Love the toothless smile!

Debbie said...

haha.. I love that she made a special ziploc bag ahead of time before it was even loose. I never really liked pulling my teeth either. I usually would twist and twist and twist until they fell out, or I would go back to see my Kindgergarten teacher to let her pull them. For some reason, she was the woman to go to. I'm with Alisha though- something about the thought of pulling teeth makes me squeamish even though I'm not really a squeamish person. I often think THINKING about things is actually worse than DOING them.